Training course for inspections according to the European Manual for hygiene standards and communicable diseases surveillance on passenger ships
A training course for port health officers
12 – 14 March 2019
Celestyal Olympia cruise ship docked at the port of Piraeus, Greece
We are pleased to announce the 2-day training course for port health officers titled “Inspections according to the European Manual for hygiene standards and communicable diseases surveillance on passenger ships” that will take place on 12-14 March 2019 on board the cruise ship Celestyal Olympia docked at the port of Piraeus, Greece.
The training programme will be organised by the European Scientific Association for Health and Hygiene in Maritime Transport – EU SHIPSAN (https://shipsanassociation.shipsan.eu/) and will run in parallel with the EU HEALTHY GATEWAYS joint action training course on Preparedness and response to public health events at ports and a training course for health and hygiene for the maritime industry.
The learning objectives of the training programme are the following:
- To perform inspections based on the standards of the European Manual for Hygiene Standards and Communicable Disease Surveillance by applying inspection principles and techniques on passenger ships.
- To respond to public health events effectively and proportionally to the risks.
- To practice professional attributes required by an inspector.
- The competent authority has agreed/is willing to participate in the inspections of passenger ships scheduled at a European level and conducted according to the European Manual
- The inspector works in a competent authority of an EUMS that is mandated by this EUMS to conduct hygiene inspections on passenger ships.
- The inspector wishes to take part in inspections of passenger ships scheduled at a European level and conducted according to the European Manual
- The inspector has not participated in a previous face-to-face SHIPSAN training course at European level in the past
EUMS were asked to nominate participants to this training course.